Vegetable Rice Bowl
Rice bowls, there are plenty of variations with different types of proteins, sauces and vegetables. This rice bowl has a Korean flare to it using Born With Seoul Korean Gochujang, this sauce is gluten free, non-gmo and vegan. The sauce was marinaded and grilled with the mushrooms, as well as placed in the brown rice and also used as a topping sauce. This simple and easy rice bowl is healthy, delicious and filled with flavor and color. The Gochujang sauce is from my Hatchery box this month. Hatchery delivers artisan ingredients to your doorstep, every month! If you'd like to sign up, you can use the code LINDSEYEATS to get your first box for 50% off. After you order, show me what you made with your ingredient box in the comments, by email, or tagging me on instagram. I love getting my Hatchery boxes because I can create such amazing and delicious dishes. Check it out here.
[recipe title="Veggie Rice Bowl with Gochujang Sauce" servings="2-3 Bowls" time="30-45mins" difficulty="Easy"]
- 1 Packet of Brown Rice
- 1 Lime
- 2 T Cilantro
- 3 Tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tsp Gochujang Sauce from Hatchery Box
- Salt / Pepper / Garlic
- 3 Mexican Squash Zucchini
- 2 Large Carrots
- 1/2 Cabbage
- 1/2 cup- 1 cup sliced Mushrooms
- Sesame Seeds
- Eggs (sunny side up)
- Start by putting the zucchini and the carrots in a spiralizer to make them like noodles, then slice the cabbage in thin strips, you can hand cut if you'd like.
- In the cabbage, put 1/2 lime juice, 1 T soy sauce, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Cut the mushrooms and grill first, then halfway through add 1 tsp of Gochujang, sprinkle of salt, pepper, garlic and set aside with the zucchini, carrots and cabbage.
- Make your brown rice, put 1/2 lime, 2 T of chopped cilantro, 2 Tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp Gochujang and salt, pepper and garlic.
- Assemble your bowl. Place the brown rice first and around that put the veggies.
- Make your egg and put it in the center.
- Top with sesame seeds and Gochujang sauce. [/recipe]