With the holidays in full swing, for me it’s all about simple recipes that will impress a crowd. This FARMER JOHN® Gold Wrapped Whole Ham with Spicy Mustard Glaze miiiight be the easiest glaze you've ever made…pair it with my All-Natural Bacon creamed spinach + you are ready. to. go! These dishes pair so beautifully together, they will be the perfect complement to complete the perfect Thanksgiving dinner! Read along for the full recipes!
Spicy Mustard Glazed FARMER JOHN® Gold Wrapped Whole Ham
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chile flakes
- 1/8th cup brown sugar
- 3 t water
- FARMER JOHN® Gold Wrapped Whole Ham
- Mix all of the glaze ingredients in a pan on medium low heat until a glaze is created. Adjust with more water if necessary. You can also alter the recipe by adding more of everything to make larger servings for a side glaze for dipping and more for basting.
- To cook your ham, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and pat the ham dry. Start to score it by slicing it straight across and then slicing diagonal to create a diamond shape. This will allow the juice to flow through and help add more flavor when basting.
- Cook your ham in the oven for about 30-45 minutes without the glaze, then take it out and add your glaze for the remainder of the cooking process, basting with more glaze and juice. Let the glaze cook through with the ham about another 1 hour or so (basting every 20-30 minutes), take out and set aside.
- Slice + serve!
FARMER JOHN® All-Natural Bacon Creamed Spinach
- 1 full package of FARMER JOHN® All-Natural Bacon
- 2 Bundles spinach (roughly chopped)
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1 white onion
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup milk (you can also sub for cream)
- 1/2 lemon zest
- juice of 1 lemon or lime
- Chop and cube your FARMER JOHN® All-Natural Bacon and get your ingredients ready. Chop your onion and grate your cheese.
- Start by heating up a cast iron grill with some oil. When the pan is hot, add in your bacon and let it crisp about 10-15 minutes. When ready, set aside 1/2 of your bacon on paper towels.
- Slowly add in your spinach, in about 3-4 sections, just so you give it a chance to wilt. Once your spinach is wilted, add butter, spices, chopped onion and 1/2 of your grated cheese. Mix well for 1-2 minutes.
- Once the cheese is melted through, add in your 1/3 cup milk and the remainder of the cheese (save a little bit on the side for garnish!) Mix the creamed spinach together and let simmer for about 15-20 minutes until most of the moisture is absorbed.
- Once ready, plate and top with your remaining crispy bacon and parmesan cheese. Serve!
+ hello perf thxgiving meal! If you make any of these recipes, tag #lindseyeatsla, I love seeing all your creations! *this blog post is sponsored by Farmer John