KBBQ is one of my restaurant staples, there is nothing better than heading to Korean barbecue, eating banchan and ordering up (one of my favorites) bulgogi. Bulgogi is a thinly sliced marinaded meat with pears, garlic, ginger and soy sauce. I love getting this and what’s awesome is you can totally make this @ home. I paired the FARMER JOHN® Pork Tenderloin w a All-Natural Bacon Cheese Fondue.
Some, not all, Korean BBQ spots, also serve some of their meats with cheese, where you watch it melt with your cooked meat to dip in like fondue. I notched it up by adding some FARMER JOHN® All-Natural Bacon. Although not as traditional, the smells in the air of your kitchen, and taste once it’s ready, will make you truly feel like you just stepped into your favorite KBBQ spot.
FARMER JOHN® Pork Tenderloin Bulgogi
- 1 pear grated
- 5-6 cloves of garlic grated
- 1 tsp ginger grated
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- FARMER JOHN® Pork Tenderloin
- Slice Farmer John Pork Tenderloin in thin strips, prepping it for your bulgogi marinade.
- Prepare your marinade items: 1 pear grated, 5-6 cloves of garlic grated, 1 tsp ginger grated, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 tsp red pepper flakes, 2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp sesame seeds, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp oil. Add meat and set aside to marinate until rest of ingredients are ready.
- Once you have everything ready, get a pan hot with oil and start to grill your marinaded bulgogi. You can do this over a BBQ flame or you can use a pan on your stove, both work fine.
- Grill about 6-7 minutes on each side, until charred and cooked through.
FARMER JOHN® All-Natural Bacon Cheese Fondue
- 3-4 tsp of FARMER JOHN® All-Natural Bacon (1/2 for inside the fondue, 1/2 for garnish)
- 1 cup Gruyere Cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup Swiss Cheese (shredded) or you can use Emmentaler or Cheddar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 T white wine
- 1 tsp dijon vinegar
- 1 tsp flour
- Cube and crisp bacon.
- Shred cheeses and get a pan hot with white wine, dijon and 2 garlic cloves.
- Coat shredded cheese in flour and slowly add in melted cheese in batches. Keep mixing until a creamy fondue sauce forms, add in bacon and mix before it’s completely finished. Keep on low heat until ready to eat.
Other: (if you want to make your bulgogi and fondue in a bowl!)
Radish & Zucchini Salad
- 2 thinly sliced watermelon radish
- 2 thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- some greens of your choice
- and 1 cup of sushi rice (cooked according to package instructions)
- Once your bulgogi is marinating and your fondue is melting, you can start to prep your rice and salad.
- Slice your veggies for your salad and prep your rice according to the package instructions. Slice watermelon radish, zucchini and mix with sesame oil, olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Create your bowl! Place your greens, your rice, bulgogi and the salad. Place a side bowl for the fondue topped with bacon. Enjoy!
and there you have it! at home KBBQ!