Let's Get Spicy with California Avocados!
There is no denying that I have a major avocado obsession. There is just something about that perfect avocado that is smooth in texture and just that creamy taste that goes well with.... well literally everything! Sponsored by California Avocados to bring you this amazing grilled spicy shrimp tostada with creamy avocado garlic sauce for June, which is California Avocado Month. Full recipe below + write in the comments below what you love to pair your avocado's with!
What you'll need:
- 5-6 Corn Tortillas
- 1 Pound Shrimp
- Watermelon Radish
- 4-5 California Avocados
- Black Sesame Seeds for Garnish
- 2-3 Lemons
- Spices of your Choice: salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, chile powder
- 4-5 Habanero (optional)
- Green Onions
- Butter for cooking shrimp!
- Peanut oil for frying corn tortillas
- Start to marinade your shrimp. You can put whatever flavors you'd like, I wanted to make mine a little spicy! I put red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, turmeric and chile powder. I say just throw whatever you like in a bowl and mix! Remember: don't put lemon juice in the marinade or else it will start to cook your shrimp! Put about 1-2 tsp of olive oil and mix. Set aside.
- Make your avocado sauce: in a blender mix 2 avocados, lemon juice, mint, salt, pepper and garlic. A little bit of water and olive oil and bam! It is so simply but has so much flavor. I of course added a little bit of chile flakes ;) but up to you!
- Prep your ingredients: slice your radish and green onions, set aside.
- Start to grill your shrimp, heat a pan with a little bit of olive oil and place shrimp with a little bit of butter so it starts to caramelize, about 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Fry your corn tortillas: heat a pan with peanut oil and wait till SMOKINN' hot! Gently place in your corn tortillas and crisp into your tostada. I used a deeper pan so oil doesn't splatter all over me. ;)
- Assemble: Let tostada's cool and add on your avocado sauce, spicy shrimp, habanero, watermelon radish, a little bit of fresh sliced avocados, sesame seeds, mint, green onion and sesame seeds. Drizzle a little lemon juice and olive oil and you are. ready. to. eat!