Hello Summer! What better way to celebrate sunshine than with a delicious roasted salad. I switched it up by putting it on a "board" which makes it perfect for parties or gatherings, the epitome of my summer days! Grill and roast your veggies and place beautifully around a board and you have the perf party platter. Not only is it super fun and unique, it's easy to whip up too. For this recipe, I marinaded my protein, in this recipe I used Shrimp, with my Wild Garden Persian Marinade. You can also mix and match different vegetables to roast but for this I grilled asparagus instead of green beans, elevating the traditional Niçoise salad, just a bit! Read on for the full recipe.
Serves: 3-4 Time: 45-1hr
- 1 lb Jumbo Shrimp
- 1 Packet Wild Garden Persian Marinade
- 1 Large Cucumber
- 1 Asparagus Bunch
- 1 Radish Bunch
- 3-4 Sliced Watermelon Radish (optional)
- 1-2 Tomatoes
- 1 Package of Rainbow Tomatoes
- 1 Handful of Kalamata Olives
- Potatoes (I used rainbow potatoes, about 7)
- 2 Lemons
- 4 Soft Boiled Eggs
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- Fresh Mint, for garnish
- Fresh Basil, for garnish
- Fresh Thyme, for garnish
- Start to marinade your shrimp. Mix in 1 packet of the Wild Garden Persian Marinade, a little bit of salt and pepper and you’re good to go for the marinade. Set aside in the fridge until ready to cook (about 30 mins).
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees for your potatoes, cube and season. I used salt, pepper, garlic and paprika. Roast for about 30-45 minutes until potatoes are cooked through, roasted and crispy.
- Prep your raw ingredients: slice your cucumber, watermelon radish, tomato + olives
- Heat a grill pan with a little bit of olive oil and grill and roast your radishes, asparagus and lemon slices from 1 lemon. Once done, set aside.
- Make your soft boiled eggs. Boil a small pan of water, once boiling, add in your 4 eggs and put on a timer for 6 minutes or 6 1/2 minutes on medium/high heat, depending on your heat pressure.
- Time to make the dressing, it’s super simple! Add in 1 tsp Dijon mustard, the juice of 1 lemon, and 1/4 cup olive oil with some salt and pepper, mix and it’s ready. :)
- The last step is to grill your shrimp! Take it out of the marinade and put your grill pan on medium heat with olive oil. Once it’s hot, add on your shrimp until its grilled and browned (about 2-3 minutes) flip and do the other side.
- Time to assemble your board! Place on your shrimp, raw ingredients: sliced cucumber, tomatoes, watermelon radish and olives. Place on your grilled items, asparagus, radish and grilled lemons. Peel the soft boiled eggs and cut in half, place on board along with your roasted potatoes.
- For garnish, add a little bit of basil, mint and fresh thyme. Serve dressing in a bowl on the side and enjoy!