One pan dreaming! This one skillet chicken thighs with tzatziki sauce is the perfect night time meal for two or even to make ahead for lunch and guess what, 1 dish and easy cleanup. All you need to do is char your chicken, grill your favorite veggies and lemon slices and voila!
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 3 bulbs fennel
- 3 sliced lemons
- 1/2 chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tsp salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne
- 1 tsp chile flakes
- 1/2 cup sweet grape tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- top with pumpkin seeds (optional)
For the Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cucumbers (1 cucumber grated, 1/2 cucumber diced)
- 1/2 juice of lemon
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 3 tsp sour cream
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- Create your dry rub and marinade your chicken in salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne and 1 tsp chile flakes. Set aside in fridge for 30-1hr. Prep ahead and preheat oven to 400 degrees for later.
- Get your sauce made and veggies prepped! Grate 1 cucumber along a zester or cheese grater and put in a bowl with lemon, oil, garlic, salt, pepper, sour cream and greek yogurt, cube 1/2 cucumber just for some crunch and texture. Mix and set in the fridge to let the flavors comes together.
- In the meantime, prep your veggies. Thinly slice 3 lemons, cauliflower, fennel (save the stems for garnish and for taste!) Slice chopped green onion to save for garnish.
- Heat your pan with 1 tsp olive oil. Take out your chicken and put skin side down and let char and cook, about 7-10 minutes on each side. Take chicken off the heat and set aside. Start to cook your veggies. Let cook down with salt, pepper, garlic, paprika. Add back in your chicken thighs and let cook about 20-25 minutes.
- To finish off the cooking process, place your skillet in the oven for 15 minutes to make sure chicken is cooked all the way through. Top with your tzatziki and eat!