It’s almost one month into the new year and I’m already a little bit on my lazy side. I’ve been trying to incorporate recipes that are full of flavor, easy to make and a short list of ingredients. This blog post covers all the types of those recipes; a healthy and fast salmon skillet, a little more of an unhealthy twist for fried mini shrimp po’ boys and pick-it-up fresh gnocchi. All ingredients were purchased at the new Whole Foods Market 365 in Santa Monica, CA! It felt like a party in there with all their fresh produce, packaged foods, my favorite brands (ehem harmless harvest + vital farms!) and don’t forget the mochi bar ;) Read more for the full three recipes!
Boil your water with salt, when boiled, add in your gnocchi. When it floats to the top, it’s ready.
In a skillet, heat the plum sauce for a few minutes and add in your finished gnocchi and a little dash of pasta pasta. Top with basil and enjoy!
Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Tomato Plum Sauce
• one container of Sweet Potato Gnocchi from Whole Foods Market 365 • one container of Tomato Plum Sauce from Whole Foods Market 365
Mini Shrimp Po' Boys
- 4-5 mini baguette/rolls of your choice (I got mine from Whole Foods Market 365
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko
- 1-2 eggs for your fried shrimp
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha mayo per sandwich to spread on your bread 1 cabbage, thinly chopped
- 3-4 tomatoes thinly sliced
- cilantro for garnish
- 1 lemon for garnish
- For the Shrimp Marinade
- 2 packages of shrimp from Whole Foods Market 365
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chile flakes
- 1/2 tsp oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Get your shrimp marinade ready and set aside for 20 minutes.
Prep your other ingredients, slice your tomatoes, cabbage and baguette.
Get your frying process prepared, gather a plate of panko, plate of flour and then 2 eggs beaten.
- Heat a pot of oil (we used vegetable oil). Dredge your marinated shrimp in the flour, then the egg mixture, then the panko. Put in the hot oil for about 3-4 minutes until crispy. While it’s frying, you can toast your buns with a little bit of butter.
- Once all your shrimp is ready, assemble your sandwich, place on your sriracha mayo, shredded cabbage, sliced tomatoes, the fried shrimp and you can top with fresh lemon and cilantro.
One Pan Salmon with Potatoes and Tomatoes
First, make your pesto by adding all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
Heat a pan with oil and add in your mini potatoes and desired spices and grill until crispy and cooked
all the way through.
Take your potatoes out and place in a bowl.
Add your salmon filets on the same pan and grill with garlic powder, chile flakes, oil, salt and pepper.
Add in the tomatoes and let them char and build up flavor and your potatoes back in. When everything is done and cooked, top with fresh basil and your homemade pesto.
- 4 filet farmed Atlantic Salmon (2 packages)
- 1 Cup mini tomatoes (cut in 1/2s)
- 1 Pack of Rainbow Mini potatoes (cut in 1/2s) 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chile flakes
- 1 tsp oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh basil to garnish
- 2 cups basil
- 1/4th cup nut of your choice 6 cloves garlic
- 1/4th cup cilantro
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4th cup pecorino romano salt and pepper to taste
How delicious!? Now.. time to slay 2018!