These shredded mushroom tacos with homemade (dairy-free) tzatziki dressing using Califia Farms Probiotic Yogurt are everything (legit everything). Shredded, sautéed, grilled and crisped with a blend of spices and sauces to create an almost replica to shredded chicken, believe me. This is a must-try recipe!
Shredded Mushroom Tacos with Tzatziki Dressing
For The Mushrooms
- Around 3 cups of king mushroom oysters (shredded)
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄4 tsp pepper
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp paprika
- 1⁄4 tsp cumin
- 2T adobe sauce
- 1⁄2 T hot sauce
For the Tzatziki Dressing
- 2 Persian cucumbers (1 minced finely and 1 chopped small in cubes)
- Califia Probiotic Yogurt Unsweetened Plain
- 1/2 cup Dill
- 1/2 cup Mint
- 1 juice of lemon
- 1⁄4th tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper (you can use black pepper too)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced very finely
- Finely chopped tomatoes, mint, pickled red onions, lime wedges, tortillas of your choice
Start by making your tzatziki sauce by chopping and mincing your cucumbers, chop your dill and mint and place in a bowl with your probiotic yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic cloves. Mix well and set aside.
To get started on the shredded mushroom tacos, take your oyster mushroom and scrape a fork through the stem until shreds are formed. Heat a pan with olive oil and grill your mushrooms for 5-7 minutes.
Next, add in salt, pepper, minced garlic cloves, soy sauce, paprika, cumin, sesame oil, adobe sauce and hot sauce. Let simmer and sauté for a good 20-25 minutes until crispy and grilled through. Serve with your tzatziki sauce and your choice of tacos.
Keep up with me on Instagram at @lindseyeatsla!