It's officially #VeggieBurgerDay and what better way to celebrate than with some hearty and flavorful Sonoma veggie burgers from Amy's Kitchen. Mix and match your own flavors and toppings or use the below recipe of this Arugula, Pickled Onion-Cabbage Slaw with Blue Cheese Spread + Spicy Sesame Aioli. If you're feeling adventurous, add on some chips for some crunch and read on for the full recipe!Read More
A sweet spot located in Manhattan Beach, Doma Kitchen is bringing amazing flavors filled with local and fresh ingredients.
I had a remarkable experience enjoying the beautiful decor and delicious Doma Kitchen staple dishes. The owner, Angie, is friendly and really passionate about food and her culture. The menu contains all different types of cuisine but has a strong emphasis on European & Central Asian dishes, some from her background in Ukraine. When food tastes good, even more than good, one can notice it's due to the amount of passion and love put into the meal and this shine through here at Doma Kitchen.
We tasted traditional dishes with a healthy and unique twist. Starting with Borscht, then Housemade Chicken Dumplings in Broth, Braised Rice "Plov" with veggies & herbs, Uzbeck style, and ended with tea and Pumpkin cake, marshmallow whipped cream & caramelized apples (gluten free!). Continue reading for photos and a full run down of the dishes.
We started off with some black and hibiscus iced tea served in cute mason jars. While waiting for Angie to arrive, I took a look at the menu. Serving happy hour from 3-6 on Monday-Friday with $1 off beer and wine as well as many discounted appetizers and sides. The menu is diverse and contains many Californian dishes like wraps, tartines, sandwiches and french fries and then some other dishes that are very cultural, these are the dishes we tried.
First off was the Borscht. This is a Ukrainian style soup with beets, cabbage and local natural grass fed lamb, fresh dill, bavarian rye bread and a side of sour cream. Everything we tried was phenomenal, but this was by far my favorite dish. Doma Kitchen took on this Borscht and transformed it into a healthier dish. Normally, it is much heavier but this was light and with the grass fed lamb, it brought a strong and tender flavor. The flavor of the soup was sweet and savory, bringing pieces of cabbage and tender, tasty lamb. This dish is extremely light, yet filling, and the flavors just sing in unison. What you do is put some sour cream in the soup with some bread. They ship their Rye Bread from Germany, it is extremely fresh and delicious. When you have this soup with the sour cream, it brings it to another level. I cannot wait to come back here and get this soup again.
Next was the dumpling soup. These are Siberian style housemade dumplings, local cage-free chicken, chicken broth, fresh dill and of course - a side of sour cream. The dumpling dough was made in-house and this shows through with the bite. It is velvety, soft, and extremely fresh. The dill gives the chicken inside and the broth a hearty flavor. I am a fan of chicken dumplings and these were some of the best I've had. The flavors of all the chicken with the chicken broth was fantastic. All the local and cage free, grass fed meat and poultry is a strong way to be healthy and to feel lighter when having a meal.
After the soup, we tried Braised Rice "Plov" with veggies & herbs. It had veggies like Garbonzo Beans and a sauce as well as tomatoes and onions. There were also raisins in the rice dish and I am normally not a huge fan of raisins in rice, but this worked perfectly together. The turmeric and spice blend in the rice worked perfect and all the flavors acted with one another, making this a pretty awesome rice dish.
A seasonal dessert was up next, Pumpkin cake, marshmallow whipped cream & caramelized apples (gluten free!). The fact that this dessert dish is gluten free really brings a smile to my face. Although I am not gluten, some people are allergic or that is their choice to not eat gluten and at restaurants especially, there are not a lot of gluten dessert options, and if they do have it, it's not very tasty. However, this was a great taste of marshmallow whipped cream with the cinnamon caramelized apples presented on a tree tray in a mason jar.
Overall, this was an amazing spot. I enjoyed everything and every bite. The freshness was strong and the flavors all worked together. I left feeling full, and a good full. Not a full after a hamburger and french fries, this was the full we need to be. From a filling yet light and locally, free ranged and fresh lunch. Be sure to check out Doma Kitchen, maybe I'll see you there next time! Planning my next visit already.
Continue reading for the full recipe and step by step with photos. Also, make sure to check out HATCHERY, a monthly tasting box subscription and use the code LINDSEYEATS to get your first box for $10!
Start by cutting 2 large zucchinis in rounds and pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Add salt, pepper, garlic, paprika and olive oil and mix with hands.
Now, make your ginger tomato sauce. In a saucepan, simmer and boil mini grape tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic, olive oil, American Juice Company Ginger juice and let it reduce and become a paste-like sauce! Pour over the zucchini
Cut ciliegine mozzarella and pour over the top of the sauce and zucchini. Put it oven for about 15-20 minutes, until melted!
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic
- 1/4 Tsp Paprika
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Cup sliced in 1/2 on mini grape tomatoes
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic
- 2 1/2 T Ginger Juice
Mozzerella Cheese 1 Cup Cut
Basil for Garnish
- Mix your zucchini spices with hands and make your tomato sauce and let simmer and turn into a paste, pour on the cut cheese and pop in oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with basil!
- Shift your negative thoughts to positive ones. This is an important first step to motivate yourself. There are many ways you can shift your thoughts and vibration, it depends on you, you can do this through music, lists, rewarding yourself, cleaning up clutter, getting out of bed, shifting to a good mood, flashing a smile, asking questions, growing confidence and making mistakes.
- Music: Listen to anything your heart desires. Listen to what makes your heart sing and what gives you goosebumps. Sing along, dance along.
- Lists: Write down what you have to do and DO IT, write down your dreams, goals, what you're feeling, what you want from life, what you want from the future, what you want right from this moment. Write lists and write paragraphs, write stories. Write and write (or type), after you will have a feeling of relief if you are journaling and you will feel organized.
- After you complete something on your to-do lists, like doing the laundry or doing the dishes or even accomplishing a goal for your career, reward yourself. This will put you in an instant great mood! You can do this by splurging on a new dress or eating a bar of chocolate. What I do when I reward myself is pick up a Sugarfish to go box! You can do whatever you love to reward yourself.
- Clean up Clutter
- Get out of bed, get dressed, make yourself presentable and rock your DAY!
- We often get in a rut and are not motivated when we are in a bad mood, when something is wrong, when we are in our mind and in our ego. A way to get motivated is to put yourself is a good mood. You can do this simply by shifting your thoughts, however, sometimes this can be difficult so you can do something you love to do, a hobby of yours, or even speaking to someone you love. When you are in a bad mood, you will procrastinate and nothing will ever get done, however, do whatever you can to turn your bad mood into a good one.
- When you wake up in the morning, flash a smile to yourself or in the mirror. It is often showed that smiling can increase your mood and also takes less muscles than a frown!
- Ask yourself questions and allow the honest answers to come up. Don't resist an answer you don't want to here from your heart. A major way you can stay motivated and get motivated is by solving a question that has been stressing you out. It is important to know yourself and be completely honest and this will allow you to stay motivated daily!
- Confidence: It is important to build up confidence if you want to stay motivated. You need to know that whatever you want in life, you can have it. And you need to be confident when others may try to put you down or step on your dreams. Do not take this personal, it is letting you know you are on the right track and lets their insecurities shine through. BE THE DIFFERENCE, NOT THE SAME as everyone else telling you, you can't do anything. Build up your confidence through your momentum.
- It is important to make mistakes. When you make a mistake, don't fall in a rut, use it as a sign to get back up again. When you fail, it is a good thing and will teach you a lesson. Don't allow this to break your motivation. Whenever something falls through, just let it pass and pick back up.
A Life With Peace strongly believes in following your dreams and reaching your highest potential. We believe each and every human being is on earth for a sole purpose and this purpose is found through a personal passion. A lot of people are sucked into the forms of society and believe that following their passion won't result in any success, because you need to pay the bills, you know! However, we are here to tell you that your passion can drive your financial stability. The world believes dreams can't be fulfilled due to the large amount of people that also want it or the fact that no money may be involved in it. You need to understand that with passion and knowing your passion, believing, working and not giving up, you will attain your passion. However, some people are uncertain on what their passion may be! Here are 11 ways you can start to figure it out.
- Start by visualizing. Remove any doubt attached, especially the "I cant's". Imagine a world where anything is possible, and no matter what, financially, you will be stable. Think of any hobby or interest that comes to mind, anything? What do you like to do in this moment? Do you like sports? Working out? Painting? Being with family? It can be the smallest thing you enjoy doing.
- If nothing comes to your mind, go back to your childhood, what did you like to do? Is there something specific you said you wanted to do when you were a kid? Did you do any extra curricular activities that you enjoyed doing? Sometimes as a child that loves something so much and then growing up being taught it may not be unattainable can turn off the interest, however, revisit it.
- If nothing comes to mind, in the next few days, start observing your surroundings. Start looking at people, start reading, researching, anything to give you ideas to what you may be interested in.
- Take a piece of paper and write anything you like to do and don't think about it, just write. Sometimes it helps more to get it out on paper than to think it. It allows your brain activity to move faster and not skip.
- Think of people you've met, seen or observed that you were inspired by. Talk to them if you can, research them and see what they're about. Find out how they got there, why they got to where they are, and what they are doing. Most of the time, they will have some strong advice to share. By looking at people that inspire you, you may catch a glimpse of something you'd love to do as well.
- Meditate. Often times when you meditate and sit silently and quiet your mind, the answers will just come to you. It might just be a tiny thought that will spark a huge change in your life.
- Is there anything that you do that makes you lose track of time? It can be something like video games, singing. Anything that you know passes the time fast. That is a definite sign of a strong passion.
- If you really don't have anything you are interested in, try something crazy and new. Go out of your comfort zone and maybe that is what your passion is. Being comfortable in your discomfort is an important tool to utilize when following your passions and dreams.
- Open your heart to new things. Sometimes living a life with a closed heart with distract you from ever finding your passion. You need to release any resistance, hate, regret and forgive your life and the past and move forward. Not finding your passion may be an indicator you might need to evaluate yourself and your values and beliefs.
- Ask yourself, if I had NOTHING stopping me and someone told me I can do anything and everything I want right now, what would that be? The first thing you think of is usually an indication.
- Don't put too much pressure on yourself, just let go and have fun! The answers WILL come! When you are having fun, you are allowing. When you are allowing, your body and mind are relaxed and all things flow naturally to you!
If you have a passion, comment below what it is! We'd love to read! :)
~ A Life With Peace
Hot water, lemon and honey is a drink that should be incorporated into your daily lives. This drink is beneficial in many aspects and can help with several issues you are having and also prevent issues from occurring. The way to make this drink is to pour 1 cup of hot water, the juice of 1/2 a lemon and 1 spoon of honey. Mix around and drink!
- Stimulates digestive system
- Weight loss: The lemon provides as a stimulant for weight loss and that helps speed up your metabolism: this drink is high in pectin fiber and this helps you fight hunger cravings
- Energy: gives you an energy bump through the honey which acts as a energy booster, water helps keep the mind flowing (lymphatic system), and the lemon is important in digestion, which allows the elimination of toxins which increases your energy
- Clear skin and glow: the lemon cleans your blood and aids in the production of new blood cells and this creates a cleaning agent which shows through on your skin to give you that glow!
- Mood enhancer: the lemon smell can relieve anxiety
- Balances PH levels: the lemon removes the acidity in your body which is what can cause inflammation and pain
- Limits colds and flus: boosts your immune system through vitamin C and potassium
A Life With Peace has teamed up with Hatchery, an awesome foodie monthly subscription. Starting at $20.00 month you get a tasting box of artisan ingredients that were hand picked by the team at hatchery. If you like the product, you can purchase the full item in the hatchery marketplace!
This company is so inventive and new, bringing awesome up and coming food creators to the scene and exposing them all in one place. The ingredients in the tasting box I received had my mind swirl with ideas! A Life With Peace will be making tons of recipes with these unique ingredients and posting them here and on Instagram at llindseyl. Stay tuned on our youtube channel for a video unboxing as well.
Click "Read More" to find out what's inside this month's box as well as recipes for this month's box!
After taste testing these ingredients, I was so excited to share all the details about these awesome companies!
East Shore Specialty Foods, Made in Hartland, WI
Sweet & Tangy Mustard
No added salt, Gluten Gree, HFCS-Free
Just Jan's, Made in Calabasas, CA
Apricot Fruit Spread
All Natural, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, HFCS-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
CC Made, Made in Berkeley, CA
Sel Gris Caramel Sauce
All Natural, Gluten Free, HFCS-Free
McClary Bros., Made in Ferndale, MI
Michigan Apple Pie Drinking Vinegar
Gormegg, Made in New York, NY
Gracefully Greek Gourmet Seasoning
5 Ingredient Unboxing. Recipes below!
Sel Gris Caramel Kahlua Milkshake
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 3 tsp Caramel
- 1 t Kahlua
- 4 scoops Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Blend, top with whipped cream
Caramelized Sweet Pita Chips
- Take the desired amount of pita and spread one layer of the caramel sauce from CC Made on the pita
- Put in the oven for 7-9 minutes
- For some spice, add on some rainbow peppercorns
Chicken and Sautéed Vegetables with Well Dressed Egg Seasoning
- 1 box Mushrooms
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Red Onion
- 3 Carrots Peeled
- 1 t of Seasoning
- 1 t Red Wine
- Put oil and onions first, then add mushrooms, carrots and bell pepper and add the seasoning and a splash of red wine
- add salt pepper and garlic all through this process
- 1 lb Chicken Breast Strips
- 1/3 dill
- 1/3 lemon bail
- 1 tsp garlic/ salt/ pepper/ paprika
- 1 t olive oil
- ½ lemon and ½ lemon zest
- Place the chicken and all the components above in a dish and mix for the marinade
- Heat up a pan with oil and cook your chicken
- Serve with vegetables
We can mold, shape and change our life through our thoughts. Our thoughts shape everything we experience and shape the way we react to any experience. We need to understand that our thoughts are important in shaping our present and future. With power over our thoughts, we have power over anything in our life and this is sometimes something hard to grasp. This is because we constantly like to blame other people for our actions or their actions, when really, it is all through our experience and our thoughts. When you have control over your thoughts, you are in a vulnerable state which is why some people choose to not shape their thoughts, however, no matter what, your thoughts are always there. By shifting your thoughts to positive ones, you can bet your experience will be positive.
Our happiness depends on a few factors:
-10% the circumstance you are in
-40% your thoughts
Your experience in the moment is based on 40% of your happiness. This means that almost 50% of your experience can be changed JUST THROUGH the change of your thoughts. You can also rewire your genealogy and through your thoughts your circumstances CAN change, so you don’t just have a 40% chance for happiness, it can get to 100%. But to start, you begin with molding your 40% of thoughts and the rest will solve itself.
How to shift your thoughts:
Marci Shimoff, the author of Happy for No Reason states that our negative thoughts are like velcro. When our negative thoughts come, we must feel them and acknowledge them and then let them go. If we hold on to them or choose to ignore them, then nothing will be solved. We cling to our negative emotions but when you choose to overcome them, endless possibilities will come to the surface.
Taken from page 83 in Happy For No Reason, Shimoff stated that we have 60,000 thoughts per day
-60,000 thoughts per day
-1 thought a second
-95% are the same thoughts you had yesterday
-80% are negative
-Over 45K negative thoughts
This clearly show how much we as humans live in the past and don’t live in the present moment because we are constantly thinking of thoughts we have the day before and constantly having negative thoughts. However, through some extra effort, this can be rewired.
In the book, Shimoff shows a method to shift your thoughts called “The Work”. This exercise is a series of questions to allow you to get in touch with your feelings and your beliefs and to allow to to release your thoughts.
(There are many ways to shift your thoughts and this is just one method)
Ask yourself these questions about a specific Belief/Thought:
- Is it true?
- Can you absolutely believe it’s true?
- How do you react when you believe that thought? What happens?
- What would you be without that thought?
This is a method to allow you to release your thoughts or belief and realize it may have had a negative impact on you so you can realize it shouldn’t matter to believe in it. Other methods to shift our thoughts is to:
- Express gratitude daily
- Do something you love to do to distract your mind from the negative mind
- Meditation, yoga, chanting, exercise to release toxins, relieve stress, help your negative thoughts
- Do what makes you happy - it can be anything from cooking to organizing to learning etc
Healthy alternative to bread bruschetta, uses eggplant instead of bread! Substitute with oil spray or no oil for an even healthier version!
1 Eggplant - cut into half moons Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place half moons on baking dish with parchment paper Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic, paprika and oil Cook in oven until desired roast on eggplant Dice 3 tomatoes and chop lemon basil and mix in a bowl with salt, pepper, garlic, balsamic vinegar and oil
Put tomato mixture on top of roasted eggplant and eat!
Check out the youtube video!
Dream is implanted in brain
Dreamer becomes thrilled
Dreamer becomes terrified
If no action is taken, terrifying thoughts grow into flesh-eating monsters
Dream is considered unrealistic
If action is taken, terrifying thoughts are revealed to be paper tigers. Confidence soars, miracles unfold, and a dreamer begins to saunter.
Either way, nothing remains the same.
Ps. The difference taking action that will make in your life is more than can be comprehended. But of course, this is also true of inaction.
(Page 163 Leveraging The Universe by Mike Dooley)
We get an idea. We have a passion. We feel the moment, we feel the excitement. Then we are placed with fear, with doubts and with resistance. We let it go. Our fear takes over and allow our passion to fade away. We need to learn and we need to condition ourselves to believe we are able to have it all. We are able to achieve our dreams. But we are stuck in today’s society, in today’s living that our dreams are unrealistic. Absolutely nothing is unrealistic, if you can think it, if you can imagine it, it is possible, no matter what. Find what you love to do, find what makes you smile and go with it. You need to run with it, you need to dream about it and you need to envision it every single day. If you believe it won’t happen for you, it won’t and your mind will get cluttered, you will get stuck and you will be unhappy.
When you don’t follow your dreams and your passions, your thoughts will bring the worst out in you. When you do follow your dreams, every moment and every breathe is filled with ease, joy, knowing and liberation. You can finally be relieved of the stresses of life because you are constantly controlling your life to live out your passions. When one goes through life doing what they love, they will be happy and they will gravitate happy people around them and make a large difference in the world. When passion is lost, your mind is scattered, your circumstances are negative and you are lost, scared and hopeless.
We live a life in which we need to follow our happiness. Every day is a precious new day that has the ability to be changed, molded and shaped with your ideas. Financial security will rise up from following your dreams. It is a journey and you follow through with it, your life will unfold. When money is of most importance for you, you are not living at all. Money is essential for some necessities, yes, but you will gain it once you do not fixate on your financial struggles and you find a way to follow your dreams and figure out your financial situations. When you are in the moment, you will get opportunities greater than you imagine and you can receive a miracle to save your whole financial issues. Therefore, in the moment, there is no financial issues. Therefore, you do not have any reason to not follow your dreams. When you are here and now, and happy in the moment, you will notice that the solutions to your problems will come. You will get answers. However, if you are constantly fixated and upset in every moment, the solutions will just be pushed back against you and no solutions will arise.
We have over 84 million choices in each second, which do you choose? What do you choose to do with your moments? Sit in misery or achieve all your life is waiting for?
xoxo, A Life With Peace
Cut the avocado and mush it with salt, pepper, garlic and add 1/2 spoon of dijon and a couple spoons of pickle juice. Mix together, and keep adding to taste.
Spread on buttered and garlic toast and top with siracha and parsley! So easy and fast!
The Law of Attraction simply means you attract what you think and focus upon. All that you are is your thoughts, your ideas and beliefs. By simply shifting your thoughts to positive ones and manifesting your desires, you WILL receive them. You do this by trusting the universe and losing all resistance and doubt. However, this can mean both negative and positive. We use the Law of Attraction whether we realize it or not, by thinking negative thoughts and subconsciously manifesting negative situations, we are negatively using the Law of Attraction. The Law of Attraction is a magnet effect that allows you to bring in anything your mind desires. When releasing all the resistance attached to your “want” and manifested it by using the Law Of Attraction, you will attract what you are focusing on.
How to use the Law of Attraction
- You need to quiet your mind and relax your thoughts
- Begin to visualize and imagine what you’re trying to attract
- Some examples can be a new car, a new house, a new career, a new love, some incoming money, a new friend, a successful upcoming test or speech or job interview – the ideas are endless, it’s whatever pertains to YOU!
- Believe in the universe and trust the universe to give you what you are trying to attract
- Release your doubt and your resistance
- When you finally have calmed your thoughts and gathered what you want to attract, ask the universe for it
- Visualize it
- Day dream about your manifestation and pretend like you have already obtained it, feel it in your thoughts. Day dream for no more than 10 minutes (because more than this can allow you to leave your original manifestation and it will become scattered)
- Extra things you can do are to write it down, post a picture of what it is on your nightstand so daily you wake up looking at it, constantly wake up and day dream about it and look at your pictures or what you wrote down
- Continue your life and “set it and forget it” in the universe
Taken from Business Insider, here are 12 tips to use when using the Law Of Attraction
- You attract good or bad experiences based on your thoughts
- Thinking about something invites it in, even if you don’t want it
- The more you focus on something, the more powerful it becomes
- It’s better to trust your emotions than over-think a decision
- You can make good things happen more quickly by thinking and visualizing about them more – spend time everyday visualizing, even for one minute
- To make a change, you’ve got to see things as you hope them to be, not as they are
- You can increase your magnetic power by devoting time to “powerful thinking” each day
- Success isn’t a finite source, everyone can have it
- Don’t allow yourself to wallow in disappointment
- Avoid negative TV shows that deal with negative experiences like crime or illness
- Know that your relationship is bad because you made it that way
- Don’t worry about what you’re dreaming , instead, use your dreams as a guide
Here are just helpful tips to pay attention to when using the law of attraction, and how it can really improve your daily life. Be sure to click and check out the links below helpful links!
Vision boards allow you to expand your mind and manifest your present and your future. There is so much evidence supporting the effectiveness and strong influence vision boards have on your reality. A vision board is a page/notebook/poster/wall/box of your goals and desired manifestations, including what you like to do at the current moment.
For example, maybe you like to sing and hope to one day sing in front of large audiences. Creating a vision board with your favorite singers, you singing, concerts you have been to, tickets etc. and place it somewhere you can see it everyday. This will be of great influence on your mind and it will ultimately begin to show up in your life.
Your mind relies heavily on your imagination and does not know the difference between what is happening and what is in your imagination. So, if your mind believes it is already happening and you visualize it enough so that you can believe it too, the world begins to show you signs of it in your life.
Cut magazine pictures, drawings and photos of something you enjoy doing right now and you will begin to see it manifesting for you. It is proven that by creating a vision board and leaving it visible for your eye to see everyday, you are engaging the Universe and your mind into believing your goals are already there and easy to attain. This allows a real tangible result and will lead to you accomplishing your dreams!
By creating a vision board, you can tap into your mind and your goals.
Create a sequence of events that you want to see in your future as well as your current hobbies, or events. A vision board is a mix of images you pick from magazines, personal pictures or your own handwritten material. The ideas are endless! It is important that you take time each day to look at your board and imagine and visualize the feeling you would have when doing this thing you love. More importantly, DO NOT introduce doubt in any way. Believing your dreams are possible is the only way you can make things happen!
This link discusses the reasons why Vision Boards work and take you step by step on how to make one.
This link by Christine Kane shows you exactly how to make specific vision boards.
And here are some examples! Click on the picture for the original source and their explanation/how to for vision boards! Very helpful!
So, What IS alifewithpeace.com? alifewithpeace.com is a place where you can go to be reminded of who you are meant to be, a place where you can turn inward into your own truths and allow yourself to look deeply into what it is that truly brings you peace. We are here to encourage you to actively engage in the things you love and the thing that makes your heart sing. We are here to remind you to give yourself permission to be happy. Your purpose is to shine your gifts with the world. Your gifts will never be given outward if you are not at peace inward. Through our book suggestions, writings, recipes, music, meditation techniques and a variety of wonderful tools that you can begin using in your life right now, you will see that you can live a life with peace, even when things around you may not be exactly how you want them at the moment. Peace comes from within and no one can take that from you! DO THE THINGS THAT BRING YOU PEACE AND YOU WILL SEE THAT MORE PEACE WILL FOLLOW!
Lindsey & Marlene
Life is an adventure and if you don't embrace the journey to where you want to go, you wont be satisfied when you get there. it is in your journey that your path unfolds and in order to get to your desired destination, you must have fun along the way. You must walk as if, every day, every moment and every breath is an adventure. Every step and every leap is an adventure. Our opportunities, our every day lives is an adventure. We must use our adventure to it’s fullest by living in the moment. Sometimes we get caught up in the result of our dreams, and we try to rush to get to the future. But the future will only be as good as your journey getting there. What matters most is the experience you get on your way to the result, not the actual result. In fact, you will find that once you reach your destination, you It's not over. You now want more! Living is magical and everyone has their own personal adventure. Not one adventure is the same. Our perspectives, beliefs, and ideas are all different, however, we are all one. Eventually we will collaborate and play some part in each other’s adventures, but our adventure is our own and we MUST take advantage of every waking moment we have to chase our adventure.
Life is full of many opportunities, but the only way to take advantage of them and embrace them is by living in the now and absorbing each moment within our adventure. We must do the things we enjoy and must try to do less of the things we don't enjoy. We must change our negative thoughts to positive thoughts and release our negative feelings towards anything. After all, we are only hurting ourselves.We must get out of our comfort zone by trying new things we never thought of. This can be anything, for example, new foods, new heights, new places and conquering your fears. The possibilities are endless and we must release them by living in our moment. We must find our interests and MUST run with them, create them, establish them and mold them into our own and make it our future. We must allow ourselves to see the beauty in the world even though there maybe things we don't like. You will never be able to rid the world of every negative, what you will be able to do is bring more positive to the world and allow that to be what shines most.
Let it all go. Life is an adventure. Don’t you want to enjoy the ENTIRE ride?
*Photography by Lindsey Baruch at Temescal Trail
By Marlene Ezra Baruch & Lindsey Baruch
Many studies have been shown that writing positive affirmations and pictures on your water increases the love and type of water in the actual water crystals, which makes the water fresher, happier and this results in all the major benefits of water. Harsh words make the water crystals fall apart, get dark and dismantle. And stronger words initiate "glowing" water crystals. Our thoughts and positive thinking on our water make a major difference in the type of water consumed, and this can also show evidence into our daily lives. If negative words ruins the water we are drinking, then imagine how powerful our own personal thoughts are about ourselves and our personal lives!
Here are some water crystal studies:
Taken from High Existence "The Water Experiment", they discuss a 1990's study on the negative and positive thoughts on water crystals.
Top is negative words, for example, "You are not worthy", bottom is positive words
In the picture above it shows the difference in water crystals. Look at those differences from dark, dead and ruined water crystals to positive words showing glowing and diamond like water crystals.
Well sure we aren't going to speak to our water bottles in the middle of work, on our commute or waking up, but there is another way we can enforce positive thoughts into our water and that is writing on our water. It can be as simple as a smiley face or a heart. By observing the study shown above, you can see this has a strong impact on the water crystals and evidently shows what type of water you will be drinking.
Below is a video of the study in pictures:
Try it out and post a picture in the comments or e-mail us a picture, we'd love to see your creations! Looking forward to seeing the positive writings on your water! :)
Life is short, right? We hear that saying all the time but tend to ignore its significance. We take life for granted when we need to be allowing opportunities to gravitate towards us. We say we want change. We say we want the world to change and that we want to change the world. We say we want our lives to change. However, what is the ingredient to initiate change? Ourselves. Our mind. Our voice. Our beliefs. That must change.
A change within the world and our world cannot take place unless a change inside is made. We must change our negatives to positives, our anger to love and our resentment to laughter. We must open our hearts and let energy and opportunities flow. We say we want change, but we don't want to change ourselves, we want it to just happen. But the only form of great change must start from within ourselves.
How do we change ourselves? How do we open our hearts? We start by living our lives for ourselves, for our passions, for our aspirations. We start to live in the moment, by focusing on the little things and showing an abundance of gratitude, to then love ourselves, and shape ourselves to change this world.
*photo taken at Lake Shrine Fellowship Center in Malibu, California
Shakshuka, a classic dish among middle easterners incorporates vegetables and tomatoes with eggs on top! A simply delicious spin on a breakfast or lunch. Read more for the recipe!
2 White Onions
3 Bell Peppers
1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
Dried Herbs: Cumin, Paprika, Oregano, Salt, Pepper, Garlic
1 Spicy Chilli Pepper
With oil, sweat the onions and then add in the bell pepper and pepper, add all the spices (subject to taste)
When it is grilled and soft, add in the tomatoes and then add all the seasonings again. Lay it all flat with a spatula and crack the eggs on top (7-8 eggs depending on size of pan). Turn to lowest heat and wait for it to cook all the way through. Put some pepper on top through the cooking process.
When done, put on a plate and garnish with the parsley.
Can’t Be Wrong
Lyrics Written By: Marlene Ezra
Music written by Marlene Ezra and Avi Avilav
Copyright 2012 Marlene Ezra
So it feels like forever
That you’ve been standing still
Searching outside yourself
to align with your own will
Though nobody ever told you
You’ve felt it all along
Only you have all the answers
Only you can write your song
To purchase music from this artist go to: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/marlene