In this month's Hatchery box, I received something special, Lavender Honey! I am a sucker for anything flowery tasting so this was PERFECT for me! I decided it would go extremely well with a lemonade, and then also wanted to add blueberry for extra flavor and color. This lemonade is perfect for the end of summer, especially since today in Los Angeles, it was HOT out.
Hatchery is a monthly subscription tasting from $20.00 that delivers taste testing ingredients. You can also buy separately so when you taste something you LOVE, you can buy it bigger! It is truly an amazing company and I am so thankful I'm part of the Hatchery Family! All the products that I've tasted so far have me crawling back wanting more and makes my juices flow with endless recipes for you guys! If you haven't checked out Hatchery, click HERE!
Click read more to view the full recipe and BENEFITS (yes, benefits! This recipe is great for your systems especially for flus, colds or energy!) for this lemonade as well as an unboxing and description in what is in this month's box of ingredients.
Blueberry Lavender Honey Lemonade
Makes about 4-6 cups
What you'll need:
- 5 Cups Water
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 2 T Honey Lavender (or to taste, at the end I drizzled a little more in)
- Pink Himalayan SEA salt (any other type of sea salt is fine)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- In a pot on medium heat, simmer the blueberries, 1 cup of water and 1/4 of sugar until it boils and the sugar is dissolved
- Bring the heat to low and add in the 2 T of lavender honey
- Let sit for a couple of minutes, turn off the fire and add in a little less than 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- Allow the syrup mixture to sit for about 10-20 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a pitcher, juice your 2 lemons and add 4 cups of water, stir
- Strain the blueberry honey mixture into the pitcher and place in the fridge until cooled
- You can add more water to dilute it depending on how sour/sweet you want your lemonade
- Save some blueberries and lemon slices for garnish, and pour some ice cubes in a glass and pour!
- Lavender Honey is rich in Tyrosine. Tyrosine is used to make neurotransmitters and these can help prevent brain conditions. The Lavender Honey from New Kirk Honey is raw, unfiltered so it still contains all of its original enzymes and nutrients. Benefits of honey in general give you energy, helps with allergies, helps memory, helps with sleep and more! Just to name a few!
- Blueberries are antioxidants. They can also help prevent aging, may lower blood pressure and heart disease and give a great dose vitamin C.
- Lemon relieves anxiety, cleans blood, weight loss and helps digestion.
- If you wanted you can substitute the sugar for more honey to make this even healthier.
Now onto the items in this month's HATCHERY BOX!
Yai's Thai Medium Thai Salsa http://www.yaisthai.com/
Salsaology Ancho Chile & Tamarind Sauce http://salsa-ology.com/
Newkirk Honey Lavender Honey http://www.newkirkhoney.com/
Greenpoint Trading Co. Jerk Seasoning http://www.greenpointtrading.co/
Sir Kensington's Classic Ketchup http://sirkensingtons.com/
And of course, hatchery.co to sign up for monthly subscriptions!